- Total Family Coaching & Parenting recognizes that discrimination and victimization is unacceptable and that it is in the interests of the organization and its
employees to utilize the skills of the total workforce. It is the aim of the organization to ensure that no employee or job applicant receives less favorable facilities or treatment (either directly
or indirectly) in recruitment or employment on grounds of age, disability, gender / gender reassignment, marriage / civil partnership, pregnancy / maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual
orientation (The protected Characteristics).
- Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and each employee feels respected and able to give of their
- We oppose all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination or victimization. To that end the purpose of this policy is to provide equality and fairness for
all employees and service users.
- All employees, whether part-time, full-time or temporary, will be treated fairly and with respect. Selection for employment, promotion, training or any
other benefit will be on the basis of aptitude and ability. All employees will be helped and encouraged to develop their full potential and the talents and resources of the workforce will be fully
utilized to maximize the efficiency of the organization.
- Our staff will not discriminate directly or indirectly, or harass clients/ service users because of age, disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy and
maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation in the provision of the organization’s services.
- This policy and the associated arrangements shall operate in accordance with statutory requirements. In addition, full account will be taken of any
guidance or Codes of Practice issued by the Equality and Human Rights Commission, any Government Departments, and any other statutory bodies.
RESPONSIBILITES OF MANAGEMENT
Responsibility for ensuring the effective implementation and operation of the arrangements will rest with the Directors / Managers will ensure that they and their
staff operate within this policy and arrangements, and that all reasonable and practical steps are taken to avoid discrimination. Each manager will ensure that:
- all their staff are aware of the policy and the arrangements, and the reasons for the policy;
- grievances concerning discrimination are dealt with properly, fairly and as quickly as possible;
- proper records are maintained.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF STAFF
Responsibility for ensuring that there is no unlawful discrimination rests with all staff and the attitudes of staff are crucial to the successful operation of fair
employment practices. In particular, all members of staff should:
- comply with the policy and arrangements;
- not discriminate in their day to day activities or induce others to do so;
- not victimize, harass or intimidate other staff/clients or groups who have, or are perceived to have one of the protected characteristics.
- ensure no individual is discriminated against or harassed because of their association with another individual who has a protected characteristic.
- inform their manager if they become aware of any discriminatory practice.
The effectiveness of this policy and associated arrangements will be reviewed annually under the direct supervision of the organization’s directors.